http://www.findinghopessunshine.wordpress.com2014/03/21liebster-award/ very kindly nominated me for this award. I think she is wonderful in her positive approach to life and her compassion and understanding of others.
I am absolutely amazed and very, very honoured to be nominated for this award which i had never heard of before, let alone be nominated for it.
i’ve never blogged before in my life – i’d just written poetry and prose about my own personal experiences of abuse which were published by a very small mental health publisher as i have BPD too, amongst other things. I published under a different pseudonym to the one i use here and i did so solely to reach others who felt alone and isolated with their experiences of abuse of any kind. I don’t make any money out of this; any incoming funds go, in whole, to a charity. I started writing my blog as a way of expressing emotions freely, without being judged and in the hope of maybe touching others’ lives who had had similar experiences. I have made so many loving and supportive friends with WordPress all of whom deserve this award far than me. I am ‘me’ or ‘us’ here without being ridiculed. I am so grateful to the support i have from my blogging friends. These are the questions asked, below:
11 Questions that are asked for:
1.What is the best thing about you?
2.What time of day do you blog?
3.How many revisions does it take before you finally publish?
4.Who is/was the most influential person in your life
5.In one word describe yourself
6.Where do you see yourself one year from now?
7.What is your favourite social media?
8.What type of blogs do you follow?
9.What is the motivating factor for you to blog?
10.How would you describe my blog content to someone who has not read it
11.What have you learned about yourself from blogging?
These were the answers i gave:
1. I have great compassion for others in pain or suffering for any reason. I care deeply about others’ feelings.
2. I blog at the most ridiculous times, usually during the night (instead of sleeping!).
3. I start looking for exactly the right image(s) to accompany my blog during the day as i am fortunate to be at home all day (through disability), and can’t stop searching, sometimes for several hours, until i have found exactly the right one. Once i start blogging, i tend not to read over it more than necessary as i am more eager to reach others than i am in checking my grammar and punctuation. People matter most.
4. My Mum is wonderful even though i have my own children. Her advice is invaluable and appreciated.
6. Still blogging on WordPress and hopefully making many more friends here so we can support one another.
7. Without a doubt, WordPress. It is the only place i can be truly honest and accepted for that.
8. Mostly blogs written by others who have been abused or treated unfairly in any way. Also blogs from professional/amateur bloggers that give me hope and inspiration and those i can learn from.
9. Knowing i can reach and send love and affection to others who are in need of this..
10. Inspiring, encouraging and emotionally valuable.
11. That it’s ok to have feelings and that there are you very special people who take the time to get to know and understand me. Thank you to all.
Rules for accepting the award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
Here are my nominees:
This lady is very knowledgeable, sensitive and has been extremely supportive.
This lady is so honest in sharing her feelings and has been incredibly supportive.
This lady shares so openly and honestly and i appreciate her blogs.
I admire this lady who is very sensitive and encouraging.
This lady is inspiring in her belief and shares her experience.
Encourages others to share openly by stating ‘No More Silence’
This lady’s blog is honest and refreshing
This lady is encouraging in her words and outlook on life.
This lady is honest, interesting and has a refreshing view on mental health
Knowledgable and informative
Informative and caring attitude towards coping with depression
I like the questions asked so haven’t changed them.
Thank you sincerely and please check out these admirable, sensitive bloggers.I’m sorry – I’m new to all this! Correct link is http://elliethompson.wordpress/2014/03/liebster-award/