Well, despite my Mum being very ill (see last post), I have decided to set myself some achievable goals or challenges! for 2015. As it is, I spend far too much time on my laptop, mostly working (writing) but also spending too much time observing Facebook and not enough time reading your blogs. I don’t get involved with Twitter simply because a) I don’t know how to and b) I would only spend more time on my laptop which defeats the object. So here they are:
- To try and write at least two blogs (minimum) a week and to make more time to read your blogs, my friends.
- To spend less time on Facebook.
- To put my laptop down, turn the music off and read at least one chapter of a book every day.
- To drink two glasses of fresh water a day to replace some of the diet coke I drink too much of mostly.
- To chase up my Publisher who promised that my third book would be published this year (yes, I know it’s only January but I am keen to see it print).
- To complete the next academic year at college.
- Get myself to bed earlier.
- Get involved in some voluntary work, even if in a small way.
- Only to indulge in chocolate once in every two weeks (and then it has to be a small bar and not one of those family-size bars which I could easily sit down and scoff in one session…..and it has been known!!
- Tidy the junk room.
So, will I, won’t I, time will tell!
Now for some unrealistic but ‘would like to do’ targets:
- Get to the top of Mount Snowdon in my wheelchair! (see pic).
- Read ‘War and Peace’ in one week.
- Visit a different country (having never been abroad!).
- Learn to become a computer whizz-kid.
- Walk on the moon!
- Put an end to all wars and suffering.
- Fly an aeroplane single-handedly!
- Win the Lottery (I don’t even do it!).
- Find a cure for Cancer (seriously, that is. If only….).
- Actually get 10 ‘Likes’ for this blog (highly unlikely)!
Well, there you go! A bit of commonsense mixed with a bit of imagination!
I guess I’ll have to achieve my first goal otherwise how would I plot my progress and more to the point, how will you be able to keep an eye on me to see if I actually do it?!