Well, despite my Mum being very ill (see last post), I have decided to set myself some achievable goals or challenges! for 2015. As it is, I spend far too much time on my laptop, mostly working (writing) but also spending too much time observing Facebook and not enough time reading your blogs. I don’t get involved with Twitter simply because a) I don’t know how to and b) I would only spend more time on my laptop which defeats the object. So here they are:
- To try and write at least two blogs (minimum) a week and to make more time to read your blogs, my friends.
- To spend less time on Facebook.
- To put my laptop down, turn the music off and read at least one chapter of a book every day.
- To drink two glasses of fresh water a day to replace some of the diet coke I drink too much of mostly.
- To chase up my Publisher who promised that my third book would be published this year (yes, I know it’s only January but I am keen to see it print).
- To complete the next academic year at college.
- Get myself to bed earlier.
- Get involved in some voluntary work, even if in a small way.
- Only to indulge in chocolate once in every two weeks (and then it has to be a small bar and not one of those family-size bars which I could easily sit down and scoff in one session…..and it has been known!!
- Tidy the junk room.
So, will I, won’t I, time will tell!
Now for some unrealistic but ‘would like to do’ targets:
- Get to the top of Mount Snowdon in my wheelchair! (see pic).
- Read ‘War and Peace’ in one week.
- Visit a different country (having never been abroad!).
- Learn to become a computer whizz-kid.
- Walk on the moon!
- Put an end to all wars and suffering.
- Fly an aeroplane single-handedly!
- Win the Lottery (I don’t even do it!).
- Find a cure for Cancer (seriously, that is. If only….).
- Actually get 10 ‘Likes’ for this blog (highly unlikely)!
Well, there you go! A bit of commonsense mixed with a bit of imagination!
I guess I’ll have to achieve my first goal otherwise how would I plot my progress and more to the point, how will you be able to keep an eye on me to see if I actually do it?!
2 thoughts on “CHALLENGE 2015”
You’ve inspired me to do a goals post now! Gonna do that now! XX
Always good to have determination (and inspiration). Will look out for your goals and we’ll both have to report back as to how we’re getting on! Hugs, Ellie xxx 🙂